Access to Computers Policy
• Computer use is on a first-come, first served basis only.
• Computer users may log in with their Caroline County Public Library card number and Last Name to use a computer. Guest passes are allowed for visitors.
• A software product named EnvisionWare is used to manage computer access at the Library equitably.
• EnvisionWare automatically ends sessions and computers become unavailable 5 minutes prior to Library closing and cannot be reset by staff.
• If all public access computers are in use, you may reserve a computer at the Reservation Station.
• To print, you may add money to your EnvisionWare account with your library card BEFORE you print or you may have your print job released by staff and pay as you go.
• Some public computers are not managed by EnvisionWare. Staff will assist with use and printing.
• Library provides Express Kiosks at all locations for quick access to email and printing. They also are not on EnvisionWare.
• When computers shut down, they are wiped clean of all personal data. No work can be retrieved after a session has ended.
• Failure to observe Internet Use Policy and Library Rules of Conduct may result in suspension of Library privileges.
Revised and approved by Board of Library Trustees September 10, 2014